My anxiety has been through the roof lately.
I think it has to do with the idea that real life responsibilities are about to kick in again. I’m already stressed about being stressed. Make sense? It’s honestly unreal that we’re approaching Autumn and the dawn of a new semester. But.. like I my dad always says, time waits for no one. Before I know it, I’ll be celebrating my 22nd birthday.
Sometimes I just space out completely like.. “damn, I’m like.. an adult.”
It’s incredibly dope in a number of ways, but absolutely terrifying in SO many ways. I’ve learned so much over the years, especially just from experiences.. both good & bad.
Looking back on my life, here are some things I would tell my 18 year old self:
- Take time to invest in yourself. Be selfish.
- Don’t be so easily flattered. Just because someone desires you, doesn’t mean they value you. Know the difference.
- The time you waste complaining about a situation can instead be used to better your circumstances. Stop bitching.
- Choose happiness every single time.
- Don’t be afraid to exercise your independence.
- Stop trying to compare your successes to those of your peers. Timing is everything, don’t get discouraged. Instead, use those moments of discouragement to motivate you more.
- Don’t give anyone the power to rupture your confidence.
Blessings & lessons.